This just came across my desk…
Statistics Canada is delighted to invite you to our upcoming free online learning sessions on:
- The 2016 Census of Population – Age, Sex and Type of Dwelling
Please note: Advanced registration is required.
As spaces are limited, please register early! See below for more information.
2016 Census of Population – Age, Sex and Type of Dwelling
May 18, 2017 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., Eastern Daylight Time
To register for the English Age, Sex and Type of Dwelling session, click HERE.
Description: On May 3, 2017, Statistics Canada published its second 2016 Census of Population release. This release includes data on age, sex and type of dwelling.
This webinar will provide you with an overview of the:
- Age and sex concepts
- Type of Dwelling concepts
Data products and resources available from the second 2016 Census of Population release
Intended Target Audience, This is an introductory webinar. It may be too basic for advanced data users.
May 30, 2017 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., Eastern Daylight Time
To register for the English CANSIM session, click HERE.
Description: Learn useful tips on how to access data from CANSIM, Statistics Canada’s key socioeconomic database.
Highlights of the webinar include:
- Searching for data in CANSIM by variable, subject and survey
- Adding/removing data by selecting from available geographies, variables and reference periods in CANSIM tables
- Manipulating retrieved data to easily create sums and averages in CANSIM tables
- Using vectors (unique identifiers) for CANSIM data points
- Identifying terminated series/archived tables
- Using metadata (information behind the data), such as classification systems and detailed information for each survey
- Downloading data
Intended Target Audience: This is an introductory webinar. It may be too basic for advanced data users.
Important: When registering, please verify that your email address is correct as the system generates an automatic acceptance email.
Once we approve your request, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for joining the session. Joining a meeting is really simple, from work or home. All you need is a computer connected to the Internet, and a phone line.
This session is offered by the Statistical Information Service. Some of the services we offer include:
- assisting data users with simple and complex data requests
- offering standard and customized workshops for data users of different levels of expertise
- engaging in outreach activities through webinars, newsletters and presentations.
If you have any questions about this session or the Statistical Information Service, please feel free to contact us.
*Note 1: Once on the registration page, the language that is displayed can be modified using the options in the top right corner of the page. These language modifications can also be saved.
*Note 2: Registrations cannot be made using a smartphone.
We look forward to meeting you online!